Sunday 16 May 2010

Feeding now in full swing

It's now been more than 3 weeks since the majority of repotting has been finished, but due to the cold weather here, I have held back with feeding my deciduous trees until now.
As most of my trees are potted in an inorganic medium (Sophisticat Pink Cat Litter, Akadama, or a mix of the two), I have started to feed on a weekly basis, as I have found that this medium drains so well that fertiliser seems to leach out very quickly.
For the most part, my trees get a standard weekly feed of a balanced fertiliser (bought from Lidl, NPK 8.5-8.5-8.5).
Exceptions to this are:
specimen Pines - I use biogold for those throughout the year and bonemeal from October onwards
Acers - get a dose of ericacious fertiliser every fourth week instead of the balanced feed
Apples and Crabapples - low nitrogen tomato fertiliser on every second feed
Azaleas - balanced ericacious feed throughout the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment